April 25, 2020
Update from Dr. Joseph Sawyer
We hope that you are safe and sound. We want to ensure that you are aware that effective May 1, 2020, the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has expanded medical and dental services that are available. This means we can again serve our patients!
Please note that this expansion of services is not dentistry back to normal. OHA is mandating strict restrictions:
- Prioritize procedures based on whether their continued delay will have an adverse health outcome.
- Non-emergent and elective procedures should be prioritized based on indication and urgency.
- Strongly consider the balance of risks vs. benefits for patients in higher-risk groups such as those over age 60 and those with compromised immune systems or lung and heart function.
- Medical and dental offices should utilize enhanced risk screening of patients prior to delivering care.
This means that we will:
- Pre-screen patients via tele-dentistry when applicable.
- Screen all patients for COVID-19 risk factors and symptoms, including temperature checks.
- Patients with COVID-19 symptoms should not undergo non-emergent or elective procedures.
- We will consider screening patients with laboratory tests before proceeding with a non-emergent or elective procedure.
- I have established a working relationship with Northwest Laboratory for testing patients who will be undergoing procedures generating biologic dust, or those who are medically compromised with multiple systemic conditions such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and pulmonary disease. These are conditions requiring the highest restrictions. I will assess case by case the need for testing.
We are taking extensive precautions to ensure your wellbeing including:
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Removing all magazines from our office
- Acquiring hospital grade air purifiers
- Providing touch-free hand sanitizers
- Scheduling of aerosol producing procedures in the afternoon to minimize exposure
- Use of special equipment and procedures to minimize aerosolization
- Limiting the number of patients we see in a day to maintain social distancing
Like you, we are doing our best to navigate this unprecedented situation and to provide you with excellent care. If you have a dental need, we again invite you to call our offices to schedule an appointment: 503.656.5501.
Implants and General Dentistry – Gladstone, OR
205 Portland Ave, Gladstone OR
Implants and general dentist, Joseph Sawyer, DMD, FICOI, has practiced dentistry for 30 years. His practice is built on the premise that optimal oral health requires a strong partnership between patient and dentist. He has seen quality dental care enhance the well-being and self-esteem of his patients. He enables patients to achieve and maintain good dental health, and educates them about the best way to avoid dental problems in the future. His friendly style makes dental appointments a pleasant experience even for patients with dental phobias.
Joseph A. Sawyer, DMD, FICOI, Gladstone OR,
practices a range of dentistry with expertise ranging from porcelain veneers
to dental implants
. Dr. Sawyer
can now correct a wide variety of so-called permanent cosmetic dental problems, and can literally redesign your smile.
Joseph A. Sawyer, DMD, can give you a smile you’re happy to show off. Dr. Sawyer’s broad experience enables him to perform most dentistry techniques making it easier than ever for you to have a bright, even smile.
Dental Implants ~ Gladstone OR
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat virtually anything and can smile with confidence, knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved.
Dental implants are changing the way people live. With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life. For more information about dental implants or to schedule a consultation appointment, call our office in Gladstone, OR at Implants and General Dentistry Dr.Joseph A Sawyer DMD,LLC Phone Number 503-656-5501.