Joseph A. Sawyer, DMD, FICOI
Meet Dr. Sawyer
Dr. Sawyer moved with his family to Oregon in 2009 so that his son, Henry, can be raised close to extended family. In 2011, Dr. Sawyer purchased Dr. Beutler’s dental practice in Gladstone, Oregon and has been happy to serve Gladstone and the surrounding community.
Dr. Sawyer’s degrees and affiliations:
- BS, Biological Science, Rutgers University, 1984.
- DMD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1988.
- Awarded Dr. Cranin’s world-renowned certificate in implantology, New York University, 2004.
- Completed a one year course in the treatment of Postdoctoral Prosthodontics (study of implants, crowns and bridges), Boston University’s Goldman School of Dental Medicine, 2005.
- Appointed as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Periodontology in OHSU School of Dentistry effective January 3, 2013.
- Member of a group practice in New Jersey from 1988 to 1993
- Independent practicitioner in Boston from 1994 – 2009
- Member of Academy of Osseointegration, 2009 – Present
- Member and awarded Fellowship from ICOI in 2004. Member 2004-Present
- Member of Dr. Joe Schwartz’s Periodontal Study Club (OHSU) 2010 – Present
- Member of Dr.Brad McAllister’s Periodontal Study Club (OHSU) 2010 – 2013
- Academy of Osseointegration meeting in Tampa, FL March 2009
- Academy of Osseointegration meeting in Washington DC. March 2010
- Member of the ITI Study Club from 2011 – Present
- Hands on course in sinus lift augmentation and dental implants with Dr. Ziv Mazor and Dr. Adi Lorean in Belgrade University- April 2010
- American Academy of Periodontology meeting- Oct 2012, Los Angeles, CA
- Master Course In GBR And Sinus Floor Elevation Procedures- June 2013, Department of Oral Surgery And Stomatology, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- American Academy of Periodontology meeting – Oct 2013, Philadelphia, PA.
- Academy of Osseointegration meeting in Seattle, WA March 2014
- ICOI meeting in Berlin, Germany, October 2015
- Academy of Osseointegration meeting Feb 17-20, 2016. San Diego
- Anterior Implant Esthetics- Loma Linda University. April 3-4, 2016. California
- Soft and Hard Tissue Management Around Implants. Sascha Jovanovic. April 30, 2016. OMEF, OR
- European Association of Osseointegration Scientific. September 29, 2016- October 1st, 2016. Paris, France.
- National Symposium Osteology USA. General Sessions. February 9-10, 2018. Phoenix AZ